Saturday, January 26, 2008

Week 2: Coasting and Picking Up Speed

FAIL!

So maybe I didn't exactly wake up early this morning to do my run at the lake. Dammit. I ended up staying up until 1:30 am the night before and already knew that I was kidding myself when I set my alarm for 6:30 am. My cats kept me up right before dozing off. I swear, the choose the wrong times to be active.

I spent most of my morning watching a little TV, cleaning up, doing some laundry, and then went out to eat with the hubby for lunch. Then I drove out to Anthem just to get some clothes from the GAP outlet. Yes, I could have driven 10 minutes to the nearest mall but I always score bargains at this particular outlet store and I love GAP clothing for work. I've been meaning to get a new work wardrobe forever but finally had to get them this weekend because I'm traveling to a tribal EPA meeting this week in California.

A colleague (who happens to be my best friend) and I are flying out to San Francisco on Monday afternoon and then driving up to the Big Valley Rancheria near a town called Lakeport. We'll be there the whole week and flying back into Phoenix on Friday. It'll be my first time actually visiting SF other than just touching down between flights. My friend is a hardcore Metallica fan and wants to visit the Metallica Headquarters before we leave. I just want to see the Golden Gate Bridge.

Anyway, that's the big reason why I had to shop around for some new threads. To a lot of the older folks I think we're just a couple of punk kids. haha

I'm hoping that I will be successful at keeping up with my running schedule while I'm there. I'm usually horrible about this when I'm on travel. At the very least, I am crossing my fingers that the hotel we're staying at has a decent treadmill.

Back to running...I ran on the treadmill tonight and was glad that the asshole-y security dude who shuts down the gym early wasn't on duty tonight. We had a lax guy who let us have until 11 pm to do our thang. I picked up the pace tonight but had to remind myself several times that this was not intended to be a tempo run. I ranged between speeds of 5.0 - 5.4.

Tomorrow, I will have my long run scheduled. I'm pushing for 6.5 miles at the lake. I think it will have to be an evening run because some of the hubby's relatives are in town for a wedding and we said we'd have breakfast with them. I'm already looking forward to eating a boiled egg. Yummy.

Tonight's numbers:
Running - 3.65 miles @ 11:45 pace

1 comment:

J~Mom said...

I *heart* GAP and I was just there at AZ Mills today. I got a pair of blue crops for $5.99!! It's hard to beat that! I had to get some new clothes for some student teaching hours and so that was my stop! Love that place! Did you find some bargains?