Friday, January 18, 2008

Week 1: Advil Moments

My whole body feels like its mildly aching right now. I think my stupid mattress is partly to blame. In fact, I ended up sleeping on the bedroom floor just to feel comfortable last night! My back feels like it needs to be cracked back into shape by a chiropractor. My stupid office chair at work doesn't make matters any better as I have to sit awkwardly just to alleviate pressure from my lower back.

My best friend and I have this running joke that when one wants to come up with a lame excuse to excuse themselves from a situation or an obligation, one feigns having a really bad headache. So bad of a headache that one needs help from Advil to alleviate the pain. Let's say for example that I visited my friend at his work desk to chit chat but he really doesn't want me to be there at the moment, he'll pretend he has a really bad headache and then emphasis how bad it is by asking me if I have 2 Advils just so I'll go away and leave him in peace. haha So now we joke around with each other about having Advil moments.

My friend was just down here at my cubicle talking to me about the weekend and I kept squirming around in my chair to stretch out my muscles and allevite some body ache. I told him that I really needed to go to a chiropractor or at least some Advil. He just laughed and said something like, "An Advil moment, huh?" while making the quotations motion with his hands. haha

Seriously though, I need some Advil.

I don't think I'll do any exercise tonight. Besides, I'm following the Runner's World Ultimate Marathon Beginner's Plan and today I have a rest day anyway. Yesterday evening, I dragged myself to the gym. My numbers are as follows...

Thursday, Jan 17 Numbers:
Running - 2.25 miles @ 12:00 pace (treadmill range: 4.9-5.1, 28 minutes)
Stationary Bike - 10 minutes
Elliptical Trainer - 8 minutes

I just need to rest tonight. I am freakin' beat!

P.S. I spent some time today working on my racing calendar for the year. Check it out! Maybe we'll meet up some day at one of these races!

2 comments:

Pat said...

Hi Carmen, I remember you from your old blog. You lived up in the four corners area and you were getting married.

Glad to see your back blogging. I'll check it out from time to time.

J~Mom said...

Very cool races!! I hope to definitely be at a few of them! I can't wait to meet you!!