Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Choke Hold

Anxiety is a mutha******!!

I'm hella anxious about a number of things and they all ganged up on me this weekend but I felt it the most today. My throat tightened up really bad. I feel like I have a bad sore throat that has been scraped with an ice pick or something. Swallowing is difficult. I'm so miserable!

Before you say, "Go run!" Save your breath, doesn't work for me. I find that running compounds my anxiety so I'm better of trying to meditate although it hasn't been working today.

No running today because it's rest day but even if there was a run scheduled I wouldn't have put one in. Feel too much like crap. I think I'll just go to bed now.

Hope I feel better in the morning.

Hubby and I talked about me finding a licensed counselor to go to through my PPO. I thought seriously about it but never really made any calls. I think I'll start my search for a good therapist soon. Better safe than sorry and before I end up in a nut house!

P.S. I didn't do my 3.75 run yesterday evening. I did a 2 mile run but the left arch started stinging really bad and I had to force myself to cut it short and go to the gym. I finished 10 min on the elliptical and 10 minutes on the bike. Still adds up to something right?

No comments: