Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Week 1: Lunchtime Walks

I had a scheduled conference call with EPA and a tribal inspector today during my usual lunch time so I had to take lunch early with my co-worker. A group of us at work have been walking for half an hour during our lunch breaks. We work right next to this historic residential area in downtown Phoenix so the stroll is actually quite nice. I thought we wouldn't have time to do our walking break today until JC suggested we go to this healthy eatery nearby called 'Zoe's Kitchen'.

I looked at how far the distance was from our building and saw that it wasn't as far as I thought it was. We both concluded that we'd walk to Zoe's, eat lunch, and walk back. It was a nice "kill 2 birds with one stone" moment. I felt good that we were able to get some walking in. I also had the best greek chicken pita too!

The walk one-way was only 15 minutes so we were able to get our entire 30 minutes in. Sweet!

Tonight, I'm hoping to run a slow 3 miles. In the mean time, I've been spending time here and there looking for travel package deals for the trip to Eugene. If anyone has any suggestions on where to look or what to do, I'm all ears!

No comments: