Monday, January 14, 2008

Rebirth

I declared in my old running blog, "This is the end."

It sounded like the end of my running as I know it. However, what I really meant what that it was the end of that era and whatever it was that constituted that era. Lackadaisical running, if you will.

I kept getting caught up in my own web and getting tangled over the fact that my last marathon effort failed and I agonized over how difficult it seemed to get myself back up and running. I tried...many times to start over but nothing ever manifested. I grew tired of my sporadic blogging, my blog template, etc. I wanted a new start.

So this is it.
My new start.

I began week one of marathon training.
I have my sights set on running my first at the Eugene Marathon in May.


This time I'm going to do it.
Come along with me on the journey.

I chose the address name after much deliberation. When I first discovered running in high school, I averaged nine-minute miles. I still remember how fab I felt racing through the Colorado Plateau scrubland at this pace. It was fantastic. I swore I could race jackrabbits! At some point over the course of the next couple of years, I'd like to be able to race at 9s again.

Thus the name of this blog -- gotta push for 9s.

4 comments:

Bill said...

Hey Carmen!

Love the new blog title and renewed goals! I recently decided to revive my running program as well - though I'm guessing you are already well ahead of me with what you've accomplished recently.

Just thought I'd stop by to encourage your new start and wish you the best!

- Bill

MNFirefly said...

I love the new blog, Carmen. I am glad that you decided to start a new one.

kara said...

I will be looking for you!
Eugene, Oregon May 4th!

lollybot said...

welcome bill! i look forward to keeping up with your running adventures as well. thanks for stopping by!

hi denise!

kara, you'll have to let me know where all the good spots to eat in oregon are. :)