Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Week 1: Slowly but Surely Breaking 3 Miles

I'm slowly but surely making my way up to the 3 mile mark. It's been a while since I've run this distance non-stop so of course, I'm very proud of myself! I wanted to run outside on the road but it was getting late and since the hubby is always concerned for my safety, I decided to run on the treadmill again. I will run outside on Thursday evening. Until then, I'll be looking forward to it. :)

I've been running between the ranges of 4.9 - 5.3. It's a far cry from the 6.0 range I'm used to and the low numbers have taken some getting used to.

Before setting out this evening, I had a dinner of edamame and a Simply Asia Sesame Noodle Microwaveable Bowl. I didn't feel like cooking nor dining out so I dug around my pantry until I found something suitable to eat. I've been eating a lot of soy beans lately. I've always liked them but three weeks ago I had them again at Pei Wei and since then it's all that's on my stomach's wishlist. I buy these frozen bags from Target every chance I get. I find they help quell my hunger during the time period of getting off work and actually having dinner.

During the day, I've been trying to lay off the caffeine from coffee. A co-worker told me to drink more tea to get my little doses of caffeine and started me off with this delicious Yogi tea, Chai Green Tea. It totally revitalized my love for tea. In the morning I'll drink about 2 cups of green tea and 1-2 cups again in the afternoon. It sure beats getting coffee breath!

I think I'll go buy some tomorrow. :)

Today's Numbers:
Running - 3.0 miles @ 12:00 pace (didn't record the duration)
Walking - 1.6 miles @ 17:00 pace (30 min)

No comments: