Wednesday, March 26, 2008

New Shoes!





After work, I usually endure a 40-minute commute to where my husband works in Scottsdale to pick him up before we start to head home for the evening. When I was about 5 minutes away from his building, I suddenly remembered that I had left my running shoes at work. I used to have an old spare that I used in case of emergencies at home but somewhere in the last year, I misplaced them. I hit the steering wheel and yelled out, "Dammit!" (my favorite curse word. haha)


It was too late to go back to my office building. So I thought that it was about time to head over to my favorite running shoe store in Tempe to get some new shoes. I had a coupon from my participation in the Lost Dutchman 10k on my bib that imparted me to a discount of $20 off any Asics brand shoe.


I'm a big Athena girl and the best shoes for me have been Brooks and Asics.


So the hubby went home to get my coupon and left for the shop. I didn't want to get a motion control shoe because my Brooks felt like they took forever to break in. The sales girl allowed me to try on several stability shoes but I felt that they didn't have enough cushion in the heel which is kinda a big thing for me at the moment from all the excess weight I have pounding on my poor feet.


In the end, I selected the motion control shoe from Asics...the Foundation 7.


It's a lot like the first pair of Asics running shoes I ever owned. They were the best I ever owned and I was very sad to have to retire them back in '06.


These shoes are solely for 3-6 mile runs. I'm trying to extend the life of my Brooks Ariels - the shoes I'll be wearing to run the San Diego marathon.


Sometimes I find it funny that I can be so miserly when it comes to buying new shoes for work or casual wear. $40-50 seems like so much for a pair of heels or loafers but I can shell out close to $100 for a pair of running shoes at the drop of a dime. hehe Priorities!


I may have to return my new shoes and exchange them for a wider size though. Maybe tomorrow.

2 comments:

J~Mom said...

Those are what I wear and I love them! I used to blow through my Mizuno's and end up with painful shin splints after 2-3 months. With the ASIC Foundations I can get a good 6-7 months out of them. They have been the best shoe for me! :>)

*jen* said...

Hi there, I just found you blog on the RBF directory. We have the same goal this year! Best of luck in your training and race in June! :)