Tuesday, March 25, 2008

A Happy Tuesday Morning


Whenever you visit a grocery store or trading post on the Navajo rez, you are bound to see a huge section just dedicated to the meat product, Spam. Navajos love their Spam! It's the best when diced into cubes and cooked with sliced potatoes. It's the ultimate when this perfection of a meal is rolled in a Navajo tortilla to make a "spam and potato burrito". Yum!


I tried to find a picture on the net but no luck. This morning, my friend and co-worker made some of these delightful treats for a group of us here at work. She mixed in a little jalopeno bits to make it even more awesome.


So I didn't do any form of exercise yesterday. I take Mondays seriously as recovery days. I was psyched to find out that I wasn't very sore all day after a 10-miler. Usually, I am wincing as I walk up and down the stairs at work. It must have been the cold shower I took after the run and the stretching I did during the runs and afterwards that really helped.


It's warming up here in Phoenix so I must do away with my sweats. Hopefully after work today I can head to a running store to buy some new running attire. Yay!

2 comments:

J~Mom said...

Have fun shopping! Don't forget Target, they have some great workout clothes!

Deene said...

yumm!! sodium loaded mystery meat. here during the asian cherry blossom festival they sell spam sushi. i understand spam is quite popular in hawaii as well.