Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Managing to Get Back on Track

I'm up at 2 in the morning. I awoke around 1 am from a bad dream (dreamed that I was stuck with owning a haunted house that was haunted by a 5 year old girl and it was my first night sleeping in the house!).

I decided to log onto the net to kill some time until I felt sleepy again. Checked myspace. Checked email. Caught up with some running blogs. By the way, the theme of the moment for most bloggers is FOOD! Makes it all the difficult to keep my weight in check! haha And finally decided to change up my blog's header.

My husband put all of my old running photos on a different hard drive and I don't know how to access them so I decided to work with a photo of my current running shoes that I took when I was waiting for my hotel shuttle to pull up at Portland International last fall. It adds something "official" to my blog. :)

I also wanted to log that I had run on Sunday evening.

I put in a short 3.1 miles as I knew that if I churned out anymore miles, I'd likely be really sore the next day. This was my first run since the 10k last Sunday. A whole week! Not good. I've been trying to get my garmin to locate satellites but it's not faring successful indoors. I don't want to go outside right now for fear of waking up the hubby. Guess I'll post my exact times later tomorrow. I do remember my mile splits though.

1 mile - 11:08
2 mile - 11:28
3 mile - 11:23

3.1 miles = 35:03

I realized I ran the first mile a little too fast so I tried to slow it down for the following miles. Still got a ways to go to get back to a 30 minute 5k. *sigh* But I know slow and steady wins the race!

I wanted to run last night (Monday) but I fell asleep while reading a book. I've been refreshing on my environmental science knowledge. Over the weekend, I got my butt in gear about the dreaded graduate school application process. I'm applying this coming winter. For most of this coming year, I will be married to my GRE study books. At least I have running to keep my sanity in check!

I'm going to go for a walk in the morning when I get up to warm up my sore muscles and do some stretching. I hope this alleviates some of the soreness. Tonight, I have a tentative dinner date with my two relay runners. We're going to iron out some of the race day details. Should be fun!

3 comments:

J~Mom said...

Uh oh...I am guilty of blogging about the food! LOL I love the new header!!

MNFirefly said...

Nice splits!

Bev said...

I like the new header as well. I'm also hoping to get to under a 30 minute 5k. Like the blog.