Monday, February 18, 2008

Pictures from Lost Dutchman 10k

I
I wanted to post a couple of pictures from the Lost Dutchman 10k that I ran in Apache Junction (Arizona) on Sunday. I was nervous to run because I was coming off the tail end of a cold and wasn't sure how I would hold up a mile or two into the run.

I forgot to charge the Garmin the night before so I only had enough juice in it for 1 mile and then it decided to kick the can. It was probably for the best because I was able to run at a very relaxed pace and wasn't worried about time...well, honestly, my goal was just to finish the 10k under 1:20:00 given that I was taking a bunch of walk breaks to cough and spit and blow my nose. I swear, I was probably the only 10ker using the lone bathroom because I had to restock up on my tissue. If you look at my picture crossing the finish line, you'll see that I have a tattered piece of tissue in my hand. haha

I met my time goal and came in at 1:16:05. This race did not use chips so I think I actually came in around 1:15: something because I was fiddling with my Garmin at the start and didn't take off until about a minute after the gun. But who's counting?

All in all, it was a very enjoyable run. I'll blog more later but for now, I have to go to bed.

Nice Finisher Medals! Worth my $30.


Finishing Strong at the End. Doesn't even look like me!


Realizing that my Garmin does not have enough juice as people are running by.



Hubby took this of me looking out at the scenery from the shuttle.


Shuttle Full of Runners and Spectators. Nicely organized operation.

5 comments:

J~Mom said...

Congrats Carmen! I have heard that course is hilly so I stayed away. LOL Great job especially considering you are sick! Get some rest!

Ed Little, Jr. said...

Congrates! It's been a long time since I visited your site. Nadya is putting final touches on my site and I should be blogging my runs again. I am thinking about purchasing the Garmin...has it helped you with training???

Ed

MNFirefly said...

Congrads, Carmen. Awesome finish time!!

Phil said...

Congratulations Carmen. Great to see you out there racing. And who needs the Garmin anyway. Your legs know what to do without it.

Unknown said...

Good job, my love! I grow fonder and prouder of you every day because of your iron will and perseverance :)