Thursday, April 3, 2008

Tonight: 6-8 miles or bust.

On Tuesday, I managed to put in a 4.4 mile run on the treadmill. I averaged a 12:01 min/mile pace which is standard for me and normally I wouldn't whoop too much about it but I did this with some hill simulations. I'd run for about three minutes at 0.5% and then 1 min @ 2%, 1-2 min @ 4%, and then 1 min back at 2% before I returned to another 3 min at 0.5%.

I'm noticing that I am not as sore as I usually was after running. It was wonderful to walk up and down the stairs pain-free at work on Monday - the day after my long run. This never happened before. My legs are so bomb!

I was going to go on another buddy run with my co-worker this week but it's already Thursday and I already have tonight reserved for my mid-week long run. My plan has 8 miles in store for me but I'm going to run anywhere form 6-8 miles. I am somewhat in agreement with what Jeff Galloway touts about only having one high mileage run a week solely to prevent injury. Everything is working for me so far so I'm not going to change a thing.

I was bummed on Tuesday's run though. I found out that my new shoes are indeed snug at the toe for me and it's too late to exchange them so I've decided to either sell or just give the shoes to my sister. I'm hoping that it will inspire her to start exercising. She's been stagnant since giving birth to my niece 1.5 years ago.

I realized yesterday that me and the hubby's trip to the Oregon Coast and to Eugene for the 1/2 marathon is only a month away! I'm so freaking excited!! I get paid next week and I think this is when I'll be officially paying for my registration for the Rock n' Roll marathon in San Diego. Gosh, my hands all of a sudden got sweaty just thinking about it. haha

6 comments:

E said...

Glad to hear the training is going well. Your marathon will be here before you know it! :)

Bev said...

Sounds like you are really building up those legs. Keep up the quality work.

Phil said...

Nice work out .. hope your snug shoes help your sister get back in shape also. It's too easy to go down hill at a young age and very difficult to climb out of that hole as we get older.

MNFirefly said...

Nice job, Carmen!

J~Mom said...

Sounds like your training is really going well!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you got a great schedule planned out. keep up the great work.