Thursday, July 24, 2008

July 2008 has been super awesome

BAD BLOGGER! BAD BLOGGER!

That was me just getting mad at myself. Now we can carry on. hehe

I worked on getting my runs in consistently this month - aiming for at least 3 times a week. I've been doing great but have yet to push that to 4 times a week. I am hoping that this will happen with this week!

A few things I've accomplished this month:
  • Hitting a PR on the treadmill for the year earlier this month - 32:21 for a 5k distance. This turns out to be 10:26 pace. Make like the Kool-Aid Man and give me an OH YEAH!!! While training for the failed attempt at the marathon earlier in the year my average for the 5k was around 34 - 35 minutes.
  • After a summer of staying indoors to beat the heat, I finally ventured outside this morning. My goal for the morning was just to get to 1 mile and then I could walk home. You see, I'm trying to get accustomed to running in the heat so I can run the last ARR Summer Series #5 Run at South Mountain on August 10th. I have a good two weeks to make this happen. Anyway, I lasted 1.6 miles. Then I walked home but I think I need to bring water with me next time. I felt a heat related headache coming on as I walked home. Shoot, it was already 90 degrees when I went out at 6 am. WTF!

I've also added Beginner's Pilates to the mix. I bought a DVD when I last went to Tarzhay. Again, it was an WTF! moment when I first tried the movements. I think I almost farted like 10 times because of the straining. haha I know, I know. TMI.

Just like my runs, I will be updating my blog 3x a week, minimum.

1 comment:

MNFirefly said...

Congrads on the new PR! Nice to see you back!